Today I downloaded unreal engine 4 to start building a game. As most people know I am an avid video game player. I am also a decent programmer. I wouldn't say I am the best but I wouldn't say that I am a beginner either. So, putting both of my passions together seems logical to me.
- I love video games.
- I love to program.
- I think I can build a better game concept than what is in the marketplace.
- I am bored with all the video games that I own right now.
- The gaming industry is three times bigger than Hollywood and is still growing.
I have chosen to use the unreal engine for these reasons.
- A lot of games have been built on this platform already.
- There is a marketplace to purchase elements to put into your game. I am a programmer, not a graphic designer.
- A lot of bigger issues have already been solved by the unreal team.
I know there are a lot of issues to overcome. One of the biggest problems is that I am only one person and I have a limited skill set. So, my goals are to just get through some tutorials and see what the learning curve is like to program my own simple game. In the end, I would like to have a finished product that I can at least share and play with my friends.
Subscribe to PVPGuild.com
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox